(Image Copyright: Maha Metro)
Nagpur Broad Gauge Metro is a proposed Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) to connect Nagpur with surrounding suburban cities with three-coach light rail transit.
- Project Name: Nagpur Broad Gauge Metro Rail Project
- Owner: Maharastra Metro Rail Corporation, Govt. of Maharashtra and Central Railway (CR)
- Operator: Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation (Maha Metro)
- Project Type: Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS)
- Total Network: 268.63
- Project Cost: INR 333.60 Crore
- Funding Pattern: Govt of Maharashtra, Govt. of India and KfW
- Completion Target: 2022
Broad Gauge Metro Network
Corridor I: Nagpur - Wardha
- Route Length: 78.8 km
- No. of Stations: 13
- Station Names: Nagpur Junction, Ajni, Khapri, Gumgaon, Bori, Borkhedi, Sindi, Tuljapur, Dahegaon, Seloo Road, Varud, Sewagram and Wardha Junction
Corridor II: Nagpur-Narkhed
- Route Length: 85.53 km
- No. of Stations: 11
- Station Names: Nagpur Junction, Godhani, Bharatwada, Kalmeshwar, Kohali, Sonkhamb, Metpanjra, Katol, Kalambha, Tinkheda and Narkhed Junction
Corridor III: Nagpur-Ramtek
- Route Length: 41.6 km
- No. of Stations: 7
- Station Names: Nagpur Junction, Kalamna, Kamptee, Kanhan Junction, Dumri Khurd, Amdi Halt and Ramtek
Corridor IV: Nagpur-Bhandara Road
- Route Length: 62.7 km
- No. of Stations: 8
- Station Names: Nagpur Junction, Kalamna, Kamptee, Kanhan Junction, Chacher, Rewral, Khat and Bhandara Road
Project Cost: Rs. 333.60 crore
- Rolling Stock: Rs.200 crore
- Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) System: Rs.11.64 crore
- Information Technology (IT) Infrastructure: Rs.15 crore
- Construction of car shed, Station upgradation and passenger amenities: Rs.23.12 crore
- Pre-operative expenses: Rs.4.97 crore
- Station integration (Broadgauge Metro and Nagpur Metro): Rs.25 crore
- Construction of Depot: Rs.80 crore
- Taxes: Rs.48 crore.
- Train Type: Broad Gauge
- Design Speed: 200 km/h
- Maximum Operating Speed: 160 km/h
- Coaches: 3 Coach Train (DT-M-T)
- Passenger Capacity: 885 (driver motor car – 285, trailer car – 315 and motor car – 285
- UMTC Limited: General Consultancy
Progress so far...
- July 2018: An MoU signed between the Government of Maharashtra, Central Railway and Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation (Maha-Metro).
- November 2019: Railway Board approved the detailed project report (DPR) of the project.
- October 2020: Maharashtra Government cabinet approved the DPR of the project.