Navi Mumbai Metro: Project Information, Tenders, Stations, Routes and Updates

Anushka Khare Posted on: 2021-01-10 18:19:00 Viewer: 4,916 Comments: 0 Country: India City: Navi Mumbai

Navi Mumbai Metro: Project Information, Tenders, Stations, Routes and Updates

Navi Mumbai Metro is a mass rapid transit system (MRTS) proposed to be run in Navi Mumbai in Maharashtra, India.

Key Information

  • Project Name: Navi Mumbai Metro Rail Project
  • Operator: City and Industrial Development Corporation of Maharashtra Ltd. (CIDCO)
  • Owner: Govt. of Maharashtra
  • Project Type: Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS)
  • No. of Phases: 4
  • Project Cost: INR 7,633 Crores (Phase-I)
  • Completion Target: 2020 (Phase-I)

Navi Mumbai Metro Rail Network

Phase I (Line 1): Belapur Railway Station - Pendhar Station

  • Route Length: 11.10 km
  • No. of Stations: 11
  • Project Cost: INR 1,985 crore
  • Station Names: CBD Belapur, Sector 7, CIDCO Science Park, Utsav Chowk, Sector 11, Sector 14, Central Park, Pethpada, Sector 34, Panchanand, Taloja River and Pendhar.
  • Status: Under Construction

Phase II (Line 1): Khandeshwar - Taloja MIDC

  • Route Length: 10.30 km
  • No. of Stations: 8
  • Project Cost: INR 1,509 crore
  • Station Names: Khandeshwar, Sector 10, Sector 2E, Sector 13, Sector 7E, Kasadi, MIDC Station 1, Taloja MIDC
  • Status: Under Planning

Phase III (Line 1): Pendhar - MIDC

  • Route Length: 2.0 km
  • No. of Stations: 1
  • Project Cost: INR 574 crore

Major Contract Awarded

  • DPR Consultant: Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC)
  • General Consultant: Consortium of Louis Berger Group and Balaji Railroad Systems.
  • Civil Work Contract: Initially the contract worth Rs 321 crore was awarded to the consortium of Sanjose (Spain), Mahavira Road and Infrastructure (Navi Mumbai), and Supreme Infrastructure (Mumbai) for the construction of the 11.1 km section from Belapur to Pendhar. Later the contract was terminated at the stage of 60% work and a second contract worth Rs 141 crore awarded to Nagarjuna Construction Company, J Kumar Infraprojects, and Larsen & Toubro Limited to complete the remaining 40% civil works of Line 1.
  • E&M Work Contract: A turnkey contract worth Rs 1,330 crore was awarded to the consortium led by Ansaldo STS and including Tata Projects and CSR Zhuzhou for electrical and mechanical systems for the first phase of Navi Mumbai Metro Line 1 in March 2014. The scope of work includes providing system integration and supply of CBTC technology-based signalling system and control, telecommunications, automatic fare collection and storage for equipment.
  




Also Read




Leave Your Comment!









Recent Comments!

No comments found...!