Kolkata Metro is India's oldest mass rapid transit system project serving the city of Kolkata since 24th October 1984.
- Project Name: Kolkata Metro Rail Project
- Owner: Ministry of Railways, Govt. of India
- Operator: Metro Railway Kolkata
- Project Type: Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS)
- Planned Metro Rail Network: 128.826 km (6 Lines)
- Operational Network: 34.72 km
- Start Date of Operation: 24 October 1984
Kolkata Metro Rail Network
Line 1 (North-South Corridor): Noapara – Kavi Subhas Nagar
- Route length: 27.22 km (Operational)
- Total Stations: 24 (At grade-2, Elevated-7, Underground 15)
- Stations: Kavi Subhash, Shahid Khudiram, Kavi Nazrul, Gitanjali, Masterda Surya Sen, Netaji, Mahanayak Uttam Kumar, Rabindra Sarobar, Kalighat, Jatin Das Park, Netaji Bhavan, Rabindra Sadan, Maidan, Park Street, Esplanade, Chandni Chowk, Central, Mahatma Gandhi Road, Girish Park, Shobhabazar Sutanuti, Shyambazar, Belgachhia, Dum Dum and Noapara.
Line 2 (East-West Corridor): JBS – Falaknuma (via MG Bus Station)
- Route length: 16.72 km (Operational-7.5 km, Under construction-9.1 km)
- Total Stations: 12 (Elevated-6, Underground-6)
- Operational Stations: Sector V, Karunamoyee, Central Park, City Centre, Bengal Chemical, and Salt Lake Stadium and Phoolbagan.
- Under construction Stations: Sealdah, Esplanade, Mahakaran, Howrah and Howrah Maidan.
- Connected Depot: Salt Lake
Line 3: Joka - Esplanade
- Route Lenth: 16.72 km (Under construction)
- Total Stations: 14 (Elevated 9, Underground-5)
- Stations: Diamond Park, IIM, Joka, Thakurpukur, Sakherbazar, Behala Chowrasta, Behala Bazar, Taratala, Majerhat, Mominpur, Kidderpore, Victoria, Park Street, Esplanade.
Line 4: Noapara - Barasat
- Route Lenth: 16.215 km (Under construction)
- Total Stations: 10 (Elevated 5, Underground-5)
- Stations: Noapara, Dum Dum Cantonment, Jessore Road, Biman Bandar, Birati, Michael Nagar, New Barrackpore, Madhyamgram, Hridaypur, Barasat.
Line 5: Baranagar - Bartackpore
- Route Lenth: 12.40 km (Under construction)
- Total Stations: 11 (All Elevated)
- Stations: Baranagar, Kamarhati, Agarpara, Sodepur, Panihati, Subhash Nagar, Khardah, Tata Gate, Titagarh, Talpukur, Barrackpore.
Line 6 (Airport Metro): Kavi Subhas - Biman Bandar
- Route Lenth: 29.87 km (Under construction)
- Total Stations: 24 (At grade-1, Elevated-22, Underground-1)
- Stations: Kavi Subhash, Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute, Mukundapur, Kalikapur, Ruby Hospital, VIP Bazar, Bantala, Science City, Beliaghata, Chingrighata, Nicco Park, Salt Lake Sector V, Technopolis, Bidhan Nagar, Sub CBD, CBD-1, CBD-2, New Town, Convention Center, Sub CBD-2, City Centre, Rabindra Tirtha, VIP Road, Bima Bandar (Airport).