Varanasi Metro: Project Information, Tenders, Stations, Routes and Updates
- Project Name: Varanasi Metro Rail Project
- Owner: Govt. of India and Govt. of Uttar Pradesh
- Executing Body: Varanasi Development Authority
- Project Type: Light Rail Transit System (LRTS)
- Project Cost: INR 17,227 Crores
- Total System Length: 29.23 km
- No. of Phases: 1 (2 Lines)
- External Funding Agency: NA
- Completion Target: NA
- Status: Under Consideration
Varanasi Metro Rail Network
Line 1: BHEL – Benaras Hindu University (BHU)
- Route Length: 19.35 km (Elevated: 3.845 km, Underground: 15.505 km)
- Stations: 17 (Elevated-4, Underground-13)
- Station Names: BHEL, Tarna, Shivpur, Sangam Colony, Gilat Bazar, Bhojubeer, Collectorate, Nadesar, Varanasi Junction, Kashi Vidyapeeth, Rathyatra, Benia Bagh, Kashi Vishvanath, Bangali Tola, Ratnakar Park, Tulsi Manas Mandir and Benaras Hindu University (BHU).
- Depot: TBD
Line 2: Benia Bagh – Sarnath
- Route Length: 9.885 km (Elevated: 1.923 km, Underground: 7.962 km)
- Stations: 9 (Elevated-2, Underground-7)
- Station Names: Benia Bagh, Kotwali, Machoori Park, Kashi Bus Depot, Jalalipura, Punchikrshi, Abapur, Havelia and Sarnath.
- Depot: TBD
Major Contract Awarded
- RITES Limited: Feasibility Study and DPR Consultancy.
No comments found...!