Pune Metro is an under-construction mass rapid transit system (MRTS) being implemented to provide the latest public transport system to the residents of Pune city.
- Project Name: Pune Metro Rail Project
- Operator: Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited (Maha Metro)
- Project Type: Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS)
- Project Cost: INR 24,773 Crore
- Total Phases/Lines: 1 (3 Lines)
- Total Network: 85.484 km
- Completion Target: 2021
- Status: Under Construction
Pune Metro Rail Network
Total Network: 41.154 km (Line 1 & 2) | Project Cost: Rs 16,673.00 crores
Operational: 12 km | PCMC - Fugewadi (7:00 km, 5 Station)
Line 1: Chinchwad - PCMC - Swargate - Katraj
- Total Length: 26.489 km (Elevated-15.97, Underground-10.519 km)
- Total Stations: 21 (Elevated -12, Underground-9)
- Station Names: Chinchwad, Akurdi, Nigdi, [Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation (PCMC), Sant Tukaram Nagar, Bhosari, Kasarwadi, Fugewadi], Dapodi, Bopodi, Khadki, Range Hill, Shivajinagar, ASI, PMC, Budhwar Peth, Mandai, Swargate, Gultekdi Market Yard, Saibaba Nagar and Katraj.
- Depot: Range Hills
Line 2: Vanaz - Ramwadi
Vanaz - Garware College ( 5 km, 5 Stations)
- Total Length: 14.665 km
- Total Stations: 16 (All Elevated)
- Station Names: [Vanaz, Anand Nagar, Ideal Colony, Nal Stop, Garware College], Deccan Gymkhana, Sambhaji Park, PMC, Civil Court, Mangalwar Peth, Pune Railway Station, Ruby Clinic, Bund Garden, Yerawada, Kalyani Nagar, Ramwadi.
- Depot: Vanaz
Line 3: Hinjawadi - Shivajinagar
- Project Cost: Rs 8,100.00 Crore
- Total Length: 23.33 km
- Total Stations: 23 (All Elevated)
- Station Names: Megapolis Circle, Quadran, Dohler, Infosys Phase II, Wipro Phase II, Pall India, Shivaji Chowk, Hinjewadi, Wakad Chowk, Balewadi Stadium, NICMAR, Ram Nagar, Laxmi Nagar, Balewadi Phata, Baner Gaon, Baner, Krushi Anusadhan, Sakal Nagar, University, RB.I, Agriculture College and Shivaji Nagar.
- Depot: Maan Village
- Note: This line is under construction under PPP mode.
Line-3 Extn: Shivaji Nagar – Kadam Wakwasti (18 km)
Line 4: Swargate – Pul Gate (3 km)
Major Contract Awarded
- NCC Limited: Construction of 10.795 km viaduct from PCMC to Range Hills for Line 1.
- NCC Limited: Construction of 7.150 km viaduct from Vanaz to Ramwadi for Line 2.
- HCC – Al Fara’a JV: Construction of 9 elevated stations from PCMC to Range Hills for Line 1.
- HCC – Al Fara’a JV: Construction of 8 elevated stations from Vanaz to Ramwadi for Line 2.
- Gulermak – Tata Projects JV: Construction of 2.5 km tunnel from Range Hills Ramp to Budhwar Peth and 2 stations for Line 1.
- Gulermak – Tata Projects JV: Construction of 1.83 km tunnel from Budhwar Peth to Swargate and 3 stations for Line 1.
- J Kumar Infraprojects: Construction of TBM shafts at Agriculture College & Swargate, and one station at Swargate for Line 1.
- J Kumar Infraprojects: Construction of 7.657 km viaducts from Civil Court to Ramwadi for Line 2.
- AFCONS – SPCPL JV: Construction of 7 elevated stations from Ramwadi to Mangalwarpeth for Line 2.
- URC Construction: Construction of maintenance depots at Range Hills and Vanaz for Line 1 & 2.
- Alstom Transport: Supply of Signalling & Train Control System
- Bright Power Projects: Supply of 25KV OCS/OHE with 22/25 KV RSS/TSS for PCMC – Phugewadi section of Line 1.
- Alstom Transport: Supply of 25KV OCS/OHE with 22/25 KV RSS/TSS for the remaining section of Line 1 except PCMC – Phugewadi section.
- Titagarh Firema SpA: Supply of Rolling Stock 104 coaches (34 train-sets of 3 coaches) for Line 1 & 2.
- Honeywell Automation: Supply of Telecommunications Systems
- HDFC Bank – Asis Elektronik ve Bilisim Sistemleri A.S. – Paycraft Solutions JV: Supply of Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) System.
Metro Authority Contact details
Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited
METRO BHAVAN, VIP road,
Nagpur - 440010,