- Project Name: Meerut Metro Rail Project
- Owner: Govt. of India and Govt. of Uttar Pradesh
- Operator: National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC)
- Project Type: Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS)
- Project Cost: INR 11,544 Crores
- Total System Length: 35 km
- No. of Phases: 1 (2 Lines)
- External Funding Agency: NA
- Completion Target: 2025
- Status: Under Construction
Meerut Metro Rail Network
Line 1: Partapur – Modipuram
- Route Length: 20 km (Elevated: 14.40 km, Underground: 5.6 km)
- Stations: 11
- Station Names: Partapur, Rithani, Shatabdi Nagar, Brahmapuri, Meerut Central, Bhaisali, Begum Pul, MES Colony, Daurli, Meerut North and Modipuram.
- Depot: Modipuram
Line 2: Shradhapuri Phase II – Jagriti Vihar
- Route Length: 15 km (Elevated: 10.7 km, Underground: 4.3 km)
- Stations: 13
- Station Names: Sharadhapuri Phase 2, Kanker Khera, Meerut Cantt. Railway Station, Rajban Bazar, Begumpul, Baccha Park, Shahpeer Gate, Hapur Adda Chauraha, Gandhi Ashram, Mangal Pandey Nagar, Tej Grahi, Medical College and Jagruti Extension.
- Depot: TBD
- Rolling Stock: 3-coach trains
- Electrification: 25 KV OHE
- Track: Standard Guage (1435 mm)
Major Contract Awarded
- Ayesa lngenieria Y Arquitectura – ITALFERR – Ayesa India: General Consultancy.
- Bombardier Transportation: Supply of Rolling Stock (30 coaches).
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd: Construction of Partapur, Rithani and Shatabdi Nagar stations.
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd: Construction of Shatabdi Nagar – Brahampuri Down Ramp and Begumpul Ramp – Modipuram including 5 elevated stations.
- Afcons Infrastructure: Construction of Brahampuri Down Ramp to Begumpul Up Ramp including 3 underground stations.
Click here to read the latest project updates