Gorakhpur Metro is a proposed mass rapid transit system, which will serve the people of Gorakhpur city in Uttar Pradesh, India.
- Project Name: Gorakhpur Metro Rail Project
- Operator: Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation
- Owner: Govt. of India and Govt. of Uttar Pradesh
- Project Type: Light Rail Transit System (LRTS)
- No. of Corridors: 2
- Project Cost: INR 4,672 Crore
- Completion Target: 2024
Gorakhpur Metro Rail Network
Corridor I: Shyam Nagar - Sooba Bazar
- Route Length: 16.95 km
- No. of Stations: 16
- Proposed Stations: Syam Nagar, Bargadwa, Shastri Nagar, Nathmalpur, Gorakhnath Mandir, Hazaripur, Dharmsala, Gorakhpur Railway Station, University, Mohaddipur, Ramgarh Lake, AIIMS, Malviya Nagar, MMM Engineering College, Divya Nagar, Sooba Bazar.
- Proposed Depot: Sooba Bazar
Corridor II: Gulariha - Kachehri Chauraha
- Route Length: 10.46 km
- No. of Stations: 11
- Proposed Stations: Gulariha, BRD Medical College, Mugalaha, Khajanchi Bazaar, Basharatpur, Ashok Nagar, Vishnu Nagar, Asuran Chowk, Dharmsala, Gol Ghar, Kachehri Chauraha
- Proposed Depot: Mughalaha
Two coach trains proposed to be run in the entire metro rail network.
Progress so far
- March 2019: RITES Limited submitted a detailed project report (DPR) of the project.
- October 2020: UP Government approves the DPR of the project.