Delhi Metrolite is a light rail transit system (LRTS) planned to connect outer Delhi with the main Delhi Metro Rail Network which is already serving India's national capital since 2002.
- Project Name: Delhi Metrolite Project
- Owner: Govt. of India and Govt. of Delhi
- Operator: Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited
- Project Type: Light Rail Transit System (LRTS)
- Project Cost: INR 5,587 Crore
- Total Length: 40.85 km
- Completion Target: 2025
- Status: Approved
Delhi Metrolite Network
Line 1: Rithala - Narela
- Total length: 21.73 km
- Project Cost: Rs 2,914 Crore
- Total Stations: 16
- Route: Rohini Sector 26, Rohini Sector 31, Rohini Sector 32, Rohini Sector 36, Rohini Sector 37, Barwala, Put Khurd, Bawana Industrial Area – 1, Bawana Industrial Area – 2, Bawana, Bawana JJ Colony, Sanpath, New Sanath Colony, Anaj Mandi and Narela.
Line 2: Kiti Nagar - Bamnoli Village
- Total length: 19.15 km
- Project Cost: Rs 2,673 Crore
- Total Stations: 21
- Stations on Route: Kirti Nagar, Saraswati Garden, Mayapuri Bus Depot, Mayapuri, Hari Nagar, Mayapuri Industrial Area (MIA), Mayapuri Industrial Area 2 (MIA 2), Tihar Jail, Shivpuri, Dabri Village, Sitapuri, Mahavir Enclave, Dwarka Sector 2, Dwarka Sector 7, Dwarka Sector 6, Dwarka Court, Dwarka Sector 20, Dwarka Sector 23, Dhul Siras – Dwarka Sector 24, Dwarka Sector 25 – ECC Centre and Bamnoli Village.
- Design Speed: 70 km/h
- Operational Speed: 30-35 km/h
- Track Guage: 1435 mm (Standard Gauge)
- Signalling: CBTC along with ATC, ATP, ATS, ATO, UTO.
- Electrification: 25kV, 50Hz (OHE/OCS)
- Cost of Rolling Stock: 50% reduction in compared to other Metro systems
- No. of Coaches: 3
- Length of a Metrolite Train: 30 meters
- Passenger capacity: 300
- Construction Cost: Rs 100-120 Crore per km.
For more details, please read the standard specification of Metrolite issued by Govt. of India
Major Contract Awarded
- Gaveshana Geosciences: Topographical Survey and Utility Identification work for Kirti Nagar - Bamnaoli Village Metrolite project.
- TechPro Enginers: Geotechnical Investigation works for Kirti Nagar - Bamnaoli Village Metrolite project.