Delhi Metrolite is a light rail transit system (LRTS) planned to connect the outer Delhi with the main Delhi Metro Rail Network which is already serving India's national capital since 2002.
- Project Name: Delhi Metrolite Project
- Owner: Govt. of India and Govt. of Delhi
- Operator: Delhi Metro Rail Limited (CMRL)
- Project Type: Light Rail Transit System (LRTS)
- Project Cost: INR 5,587 Crore
- Total Length: 40.85 km
- Funding Pattern: 50:50
- Completion Target: 2024
Delhi Metrolite Network
Corridor 1: Rithala - Narela Metrolite
- Total length: 21.73 km
- Project Cost: Rs 2,914 Crore
- Total Stations: 16
- Route: Rithala...Bawana, Puth Khurd, Sanoth, Bhorgarh and Anaj Mandi...Narela
Corridor 2: Kiti Nagar - Dwarka Sector 25 (ECC) Metrolite
- Total length: 19.15 km
- Project Cost: Rs 2,673 Crore
- Total Stations: 20
- Stations on Route: Kirti Nagar, Mansarovar Garden, Mayapuri, Hari Nagar, Mayapuri Industrial Area, Jail Road, Tihar Jail, Sitapuri, Dabri Mor Janakpuri South, Vijay Enclave, Mahaveer Enclave, Dwarka Sector 2, Dwarka Sector 1, Dwarka Sector 7, Dwarka Sector 6, Dwarka Sector 10, Dwarka Sector 20, Dwarka Sector 23, Dwarka Sector 24, Dwarka Sector 25 ECC Centre
- Design Speed: 70 km/h
- Operational Speed: 30-35 km/h
- Track Guage: 1435 mm (Standard Gauge)
- Signalling: CBTC along with ATC, ATP, ATS, ATO, UTO.
- Electrification: 25kV, 50Hz (OHE/OCS)
- Cost of Rolling Stock: 50% reduction in compared to other Metro systems
- No. of Coaches: 3
- Length of a Metrolite Train: 30 meters
- Passenger capacity: 300
- Construction Cost: Rs 100-120 Crore per km.
Progress so far...
- 22 July 2019: Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUS) had issued standard specifications of Metrolite for Tier-II and Tier-III cities.
- 27 September 2019: Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) proposes two Metrolite corridors viz. Rithala - Narela and Kirti Nagar - Dwarka Sec 25 (ECC).
- 12 October 2019:Central government approved 21.73 km long Kirti Nagar - Dwarka Sec 25 (ECC) Metrolite corridor.
- 4 January 2020: DMRC issues first tender for design, manufacture, supply, testing, commissioning, and comprehensive maintenance up to fifteen years of 22 numbers of standard gauge Metrolite trainsets and complete depot for Kirti Nagar – Dwarka Sector 25 (ECC) Metrolite project
- 8 January 2020: Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) submits detailed project reports (DPRs) of two Metrolite projects to the Delhi Government for approval.