The Bhopal Metro (also renamed as Bhoj Metro) is a total of 95.03 km proposed mass rapid transit system in the capital city of Madhya Pradesh, India.
- Project Name: Bhopal Metro Rail Project (Bhoj Metro)
- Owner: Madhya Pradesh Metro Rail Co. Limited, Govt. of Madhya Pradesh
- Project Type: Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS)
- Total length: 27.87 km (30 stations)
- Project Cost: INR 6941.40 Crore (Phase-I)
- Funding Pattern: Govt. of India, Govt. of Madhya Pradesh, and European Investment Bank
- Completion Target: 2022
- Status: Under Construction
Bhopal Metro Rail Network (Phase I)
Line 2: Karond Circle - AIIMS
- Total Route Length: 14.99 km (Elevated-12.58 km, Ramp-0.62 km and Underground-1.79 km)
- Total Stations: 16 (Elevated-14, Underground-2)
- Station Names: Karond Square, Krishi Upaj Mandi, DIG Bungalow, Sindhi Colony, Nandra Bus Stand, Bhopal Junction, Aish Bagh Crossing, Bogda Pul, Shubhash Nagar Underpass, Kendriya Vidyalaya, DB City Mall, Sangam Cinema, Himansarovar (near Habibganj Railway Station), Habibgang Naka, Alkapuri Bus Stand and AIIMS.
- Depot: Jinsi (near Subhash Nagar Underpass)
Line 5: Bhadbhada Square - Ratnagiri Tiraha
- Total Route Length: 12.882 km
- Total Stations: 14 (All elevated)
- Station Names: Bhadbadha Square, Depot Square, Jawahar Chowk, Roshanpura Square, Minto Hall, Lily Talkies, Pul Bogda, Prabhat Square, Govindpura, Govindpura Industrial Area, JK Road, Indrapuri, Piplani (near BHEL Township) and Ratnagiri Tiraha
- Depot: Jinsi
Bhopal Metro Rail Network (Phase II)
Line 1: Bairagarh - Awadhpuri
- Total Route Length: 21.335 km (Elevated-14.87 km, Ramp-0.49, Underground-4.6 km)
- Total Stations: 24 (Elevated-19, Underground-2, At Grade-3)
- Station Names: Bairagarh, Bairagarh Stadium, Hemu Kalani, Hala Pura Bus Stand, Lal Ghati Square, Idgarh Hills, Collectorate, Cambridge School MG Hospital, Curfew Wali Mata Mandir, Kamala Park, Polytechnic Square, Roshanpura Square, TT Nagar Stadium, Mata Mandir, Jain Mandir, Sharda Mandir, Nutan College, Mansarovar Complex (Habibganj Station), Khushabhau Thakrey ISBT, Anna Nagar, Carmel Convent, Piplani Gurdwara Square, Mahatma Gandhi Square, Awadhpuri
Line 3A: Airport - Basant Kunj
- Total Route Length: 1.123 km (Elevated)
- Total Stations: 1
- Station Name: Airport
Line 3B: Bhauri ByPass - Basant Kunj Bus Stop
- Total Route Length: 12.8 km (Elevated-9.08 km, Ramp-6.10 km, Underground-3.11 km)
- Total Stations: 9 (Elevated-7, Underground-2)
- Station Names: Bhauri Bypass (NH-12 Junction), Peepainer Village (Aerocity), Airport Road, Gandhi Nagar, Airport Tiraha, Manubhan Tekri, [Lal Ghati Square], 10 No. Square, Sai Board and Basant Kunj Bus Stop.
Bhopal Metro Rail Network (Phase III)
Line 4: Ashok Garden Auto Stand - Mother Teresa School
- Total Route Length: 16.91 km (Elevated-15.19 km, Ramp-0.24 km, Underground-1.47 km)
- Total Stations: 16 (Elevated-15, Underground-1)
- Station Names: Ashok Garden Auto Stand, Krishna Campus, Railway Station, Jumerati Road, Curfew Wali Mata Mandir, MACT Square, Panchsheel Nagar Bus Stop, Ekant Park, Shahpura Lake, Bhoj University (Chunnabhatti), IIPM Sarvadham, Mansarovar School, CI Height Nayapura Bus Stop, Sanskar Marriage Garden, Bhairagarh Chichali and Mother Teresa School.
Line 6: Mandi Deep - Habibganj Railway Station
- Total Route Length: 14.98 km (Elevated-9.89 km, Ramp-0.44 km, At Grade-4.65 km)
- Total Stations: 11 (Elevated-7, At Grade-4)
- Station Names: [Habibganj Naka], RRL, BU University, Bagsewania Bus Stop, Ashima The Lake City Mall, Sri Ram Colony, C21 Mall, Scope College (Bharopur), Regional 1/NH-12, Harigangar Nagar, Regional 2 and Mandideep
Major Contracts Awarded
- Rohit Associates Architects & Engineers Pvt. Ltd.: DPR Consultancy
- DB Engineering & Consulting GmbH – Geodata Engineering S.p.A. – Louis Berger Group JV: General Consultancy
- Dilip Buildcon Limited: Design and construction of 6.225 km viaduct between Subhash Nagar - AIIMS including entry/exit viaduct to the Jinsi depot for Line-2. (Rs 247.06 Crore)
- October 3, 2018: The Union Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the implementation of the Bhopal Metro Rail Project.
- September 26, 2019: Chief Minister Kamal Nath laid the foundation stone of the project, and construction begins.