Bangalore Metro is a Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS) serving Bengaluru city in Karnataka, India
- Project Name: Bangalore Metro Rail Project (Namma Metro)
- Operator: Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited
- Owner: Govt. of India and Govt. of Karnataka
- Project Type: Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS)
- No. of Phases: 3
- Project Cost: Rs 58,193 crores
- Funding: Govt. of Karnataka, Govt. of India, JICA, ADB, EIB, Infosys and Biocon
- Status: Operational - October 20, 2011
- Completion Target: 2023 (Phase-II)
Bangalore Metro (Phase I)
Project Cost: INR 11,609 Crores | Total Length: 48.71 km | Stations: 46
Line 1 (Purple): Baiyyappanahalli - Mysore Road
- Route Length: 18.22 km
- No. of Stations: 17 (All operational)
- Stations: Baiyyappanahalli, Swami Vivekananda Road, Indiranagar, Halasuru, Trinity, Mahatma Gandhi Road, Cubbon Park, Vidhana Soudha, Sir M. Visveshwaraya, Majestic, City Railway Station, Magadi Road, Hosahalli, Vijayanagar, Attiguppe, Deepanjali Nagar and Mysore Road.
Line 2 (Green): Nagasandra - Yelachenahalli
- Route Length: 24.20 km
- No. of Stations: 24 (All operational)
- Stations: Nagasandra, Dasarahalli, Jalahalli, Peenya Industry, Peenya, Goraguntepalya, Yeshwanthpur, Sandal Soap Factory, Mahalakshmi, Rajajinagar, Kuvempu Road, Srirampura, Sampige Road, Majestic, Chickpet, Krishna Rajendra Market, National College, Lalbagh, Southend Circle, Jayanagar, Rashtriya Vidyalaya Road, Banashankari, Jayaprakash Nagar and Yelachenahalli
Bangalore Metro (Phase II)
Project Cost: INR 36,000 Crores | Total Length: 121.06 km | Stations: 77
Line 1 (Purple) Extension: Baiyappanahalli - Whitefield
- Route Length: 15.257 km
- Nos. of Stations: 13 Stations
- Station Names: Benniganahalli, KR Puram, Saraswati Nagar, Gurudacharpalya, Hoodi Junction, Sitharama Palya, Kundalahalli, Nallurhalli, Sadarmangla, Pattandur Agrahara, Kadugodi, Channasandra and Whitefield.
Line 1 (Purple) Extension: Mysore Road – Challegatta near Kengeri
- Route Length: 8.814 km
- Nos of Stations: 7 Stations
- Station Names: Nayandahalli, Rajarajeshwari Nagar, Jnana Bharati, Pattanagere, Mailasandra, Kengeri and Challeghatta.
Line 2 (Green) Extension: Yelachenahalli - Anjanapura Township
- Route Length: 6.29 km
- Nos. of Stations: 5 (All Operational)
- Station Names: Konanakunte Cross, Doddakallasandra, Vajrahalli, Thalaghattapura and Silk Institute.
Line 2 (Green) Extension: Hesarghatta Cross - BIEC
- Route Length: 3.77 km
- Nos. of Stations: 3 (All elevated)
- Station Names: Manjunathanagar, Jindal and BIEC
Line 3 (Yellow): R V Road – Bommasandra via Electronic City
- Route Length: 19.143 km,
- Nos of Stations: 16 Stations
- Station Names: Rashtreeya Vidyalaya Road (RV Road), Ragigudda, Jayadeva Hospital, BTM Layout, Central Silkboard, Bommanahalli, Hongasandra, Muneshwara Nagar, Chikkabegur, Basapura Road, Hosa Road, Electronic City, Infosys Foundation Konappana Agrahara, Huskur Road, Hebbagodi and Bommasandra.
- Depot: Hebbagodi
Line 4 (Pink): Kalena Agrahara–Nagawara
- Route Length: 22.87 km
- Nos of Stations: 24 Stations
- Station Names: Kalena Agrahara, Hulimavu, IIM-Bangalore, JP Nagar Phase 4, Jayadeva Hospital, Swagath Road Cross, Dairy Circle, Lakkasandra, Langford Town, Rashtriya Military School, MG Road, Shivajinagar, Cantonment, Pottery Town, Tannery Road, Venkateshpura, Kadugundanahalli and Nagawara.
Blue Line: Silk Board - KR Puram
- Route Length: 17 km
- Nos of Station: 13 Stations
- Station Names: Central Silk Board, Venkatapura, Agara Lake, Ibblur, Bellandur, Devarabeesanahalli, Kadubeesanahalli, Marathahalli, ISRO, Doddanekkundi, DRDO-Sports Complex, Saraswathi Nagar, KR Puram
Metro Rail Network (Phase III)
Namma Metro Airport Link (Krishnarajapuram - Kempegowda International Airport)
- Project Cost: Rs 10,584 Crore
- Route Length: 39.8 km
- Total Stations: 17
- Station Names: KR Puram, Kasturi Nagar, Horamavu, HRBR Layout, Kalyan Nagar HBR Layout, Nagawara, Veeranna Palya, Kempapura, Hebbal, Kodigehalli, Jakkur Cross, Yelahanka, Bagalur Cross, Bettahalasuru, Doddaljala, Airport City, KIA Terminals.
- Rolling Stock (Train): BEML-Hyundai Rotem Make 6 Coach (Standard Guage) with passenger capacity 356 in each coach.
- Electrification: 750V DC Third Rail System
- Signalling: CBTC (Communication Based Train Control)
- Track: Standard Guage (1435 mm)
Major Contract Awarded
Bangalore Metro Phase I
- BEML-Hyundai Rotem JV: Supply of 150 (3-coach) Rolling Stock Trains. (Rs 1,672.50 crore)
- Alstom Transport SA, Thales Group Portugal S A, and Sumitomo Corporation JV: Supply of Signalling & Telecommunication Systems. It includes the Urbalis 200 Automatic Train Control system. (Rs 563.4 crore)
- ABB Group: Supply of Power Systems including SCADA.
Bangalore Metro Phase II
- ITD Cementation: Construction of 15.2 km elevated viaduct from Baiyappanhalli to Whitefield including 13 stations of Reach 1A & 1B of Line 1 (Purple Line).
- IL&FS-ECC Ltd JV: Construction of 3.9 km elevated viaduct from Mysore Road station dead end to Pattanagere Station including 4 stations of Reach 2A of Line 1 (Purple Line). (Rs 326.99 Crore)
- Soma Enterprise Ltd: Construction of 4.9 km elevated viaduct from Pattanagere station to the beginning of Challagatta Depot including 2 stations of Reach 2B of Line 1 (Purple Line). (Rs 332.93 Crore)
- Simplex Infrastructure: Construction of 3.8 km elevated viaduct from Nagasandra to Madavara including 3 stations of Reach 3C of Line 2 (Green Line).
- NCC Limited: Construction of 6.5 km elevated viaduct from Puttenahalli Cross station dead end to Anjanapura Township Station and further viaduct for Depot Lines including 5 stations of Reach 4B of Line 2 (Green Line). (Rs 508.86 Crore)
- ITD Cementation: Construction of 12.798 km elevated viaduct and 11 stations from Bommasandra to Bomanahalli of Reach 5 of Line 3 (Yellow Line). (Rs 1,750 Crore)
- HCC-URC JV: Construction of 6.4 km elevated viaduct and 5 stations from Central Silk Board to RV Road of Reach 5 of Line 3 (Yellow Line). (Rs 797.29 Crore)
- Simplex Infrastructure: Construction of 7.1 km elevated viaduct from Kalena Agrahara to Swagath Road Cross and 5 stations of Reach 6 of Line 4 (Pink Line).
- Afcons Infrastructure: Construction of 3.7 km underground tunnel from Dairy Circle to Langford Twon including South Ramp and 3 stations of UG-1 of Line 4 (Pink Line).
- L&T Construction: Construction of 2.8 km underground tunnel from National Military School to Shivajinagar and 3 stations of UG-2 of Line 4 (Pink Line).
- L&T Construction: Construction of 2.9 km underground tunnel from Shivajinagar to Pottery Town and 2 stations of UG-3 of Line 4 (Pink Line).
- ITD Cementation: Construction of 4.6 km underground tunnel from Tannery Road to Nagawara including North Ramp and 4 stations of UG-4 of Line 4 (Pink Line).
- CRRC Nanjing: For supplying 216 metro coaches (36 trains) for Phase II corridors. (Rs 1578.58 Crore)
- Siemens India-Siemens AG JV: For providing CBTC Signaling Solution for Line-3. (Rs 250.90 Crore)