The Indian Railways contributes to ~3% of the country’s gross domestic product (GDP) and has social obligations pegged at $5.3 Billion annually. Indian Railways revenue has grown at 5% CAGR in the past 5 years but profitability has reduced drastically in the past 4 years, due to growing infrastructure and modernization expenses.
Railways around the world, like in the US, Europe and Japan have undergone ownership changes. But, Indian railways continue to be monitored by the government.
In coming years, the Indian railways is all set to witness significant changes. The Indian Railways is planning to purchase locomotives, coaches, train sets, Electric Multiple Units (EMUs) from private manufacturers instead of buying them from the state-run companies.
As of Oct 2022, there are 15 metro networks in India with more than 1,500 coaches. By 2025, the number will go up to 25+networks with 3,500+ coaches, creating demand for 2000+ additional coaches.
To discuss more on the new business and investment opportunities in Rolling Stock sectors in India, a group of experts are joining together at the 2nd Urban Infra Business Summit & Awards 2022 to be held on 7th November 2022 at India International Centre, New Delhi, India.
Sesion Topic: Rolling Stock & Systems - Emerging Business Opportunities in India
Session Timings: 01.00PM - 01.45PM (IST)
- Shri Rajesh Agrawal, Principal Advisor, Tata Steel (New Material Business)
- Shri M. C. Chauhan, Former GM (NCR & Metro Railway Kolkata), Indian Railways
- Dr. Anirudh Gautam, Principal Executive Director, RDSO
- Shri Dilip Jadeja, COO (Transit & Propulsion), Titagarh Wagons Ltd
- Shri Devendra Dutta Mishra, Executive Director (RS), Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation
- Shri Harshkumar Bajpayee, MD, Schwihag India
- Shri Keshav Kumar, Railway System Expert
1. Shri Rajesh Agrawal (Former Member - Rolling Stock, Railway Board): Shri Agrawal is 1980-batch IRSME (Indian Railways' Services of Mechanical Engineers) Officer. He worked with Indian Railways for more than 35 years in various leadership positions and superannuated from the post of Member (Rolling Stock), Railway Board, Ministry of Railways. Presently extending his expertise to Tata Steel in developing New Material Business as Principal Advisor.
2. Shri M. C. Chauhan (Former GM-NCR & Kolkata Metro Railway): Shri Chauhan belongs to the 1979 batch of the IRSEE (Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers). He has varied experience of over 37 years working in various posts of Indian Railways including Divisional Railway Manager, Mumbai' General Manager, Kolkata Metro Railway and North Central Railway.
3. Dr. Anirudh Gautam (Principal Executive Director, RDSO, Lucknow) :
Dr. Gautam is an IRSME (Indian Railways Services of Mechanical Engineers) Officer of 1986-batch. He is presently working with RDSO as Principal Executive Director (Urban Transport & High Speed).
4. Shri Dilip Jadeja (COO-Transit & Propulsion, Titagarh Wagons Ltd): Mr. Jadeja is a strategic business leader with over 34 years of experience in leadership and execution across business development, project management, interface management, and project execution. He has a magnificent mix across the rolling stock and propulsion system value chain, including infrastructure, electrical systems, metro railways and railway systems. He is currently working with Titagarh Wagons Ltd as Chief Operating Officer (Transit & Propulsion).
5. Shri Devendra Dutta Mishra (ED-Rolling Stock, Maha Metro): Shri Mishra is a 1990-batch IRSEE (Indian Railways Services of Electrical Engineers) having more than 30 years, system wide experience in project management - planning, design, end to end project execution, commissioning and O&M management of Rail System works for railway/High speed rail/Metro rail infrastructure projects. Presently serving as Executive Director (Rolling Stock) with Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation for Pune Metro Rail Project.
6. Shri Harshkumar Bajpeyee: Shri Bajpeyee has over 26 years of hands-on Plant Operations & Business Transformation (as Plant Head / Operations Head / Assistant Vice President Operational Excellence / Head of Technical / VP Operations / COO) in multi-product companies like Metro Coach / T 1 Auto Ancillary / High Voltage Electrical / Wind Energy / Rubber / Metal / IAQ across different states in India, assignments across different countries and with several business diversities. He is presently working in the capacity of Managing Director at Schwihag India Pvt Ltd.
7. Shri Keshav Kumar (Railway System Expert): Shri Keshav is an experienced professional with a demonstrated history of more than 18 years for the development of sustainable public infrastructure focused on railroad and mobility solutions. He has worked on the large-scale Railways (High Speed, Semi-High Speed & Conventional), Metro, LRT, other modes of passenger carrying system and Road Projects. Presently, he is working as Vice President (Systems & Operation) with Systra India.
This session will be moderated by Keshav Kumar, Railway System Expert.
To join this flagship program, please register
your seat today!!