New Delhi, India (Urban Transport News): Directorate of Urban Land Transport (DULT) has been conferred with "Most Admired City Planning For Urban Development" Award in ‘City Infrastructure’ category at the 2nd Urban Infra Business Summit & Awards 2022 held on 7th November 2022 at India International Centre, New Delhi.
The award was given at a grand ceremony - 2nd Urban Infra Business Summit & Awards 2022 hosted by Urban Infra Group on 7th November 2022 at India International Center, New Delhi, India. The award ceremony was attended by dignitaries from the nodal ministries, government departments, public sector undertakings (PSUs), and industry leaders from the leading multi-national companies (MNCs) engaged in developing major urban infrastructure in India.
The Directorate of Urban Land Transport (DULT) was established in 2007 by the Government of Karnataka under the Urban Development Department as a state-level nodal agency for planning sustainable transport. The DULT is one-of-a-kind organization in the country set up with in-house technical expertise in diverse fields related to urban transport. The DULT engages with various partners like government stakeholders, academic institutions, citizen groups, NGOs, and multi-lateral financial institutions to develop innovative solutions for addressing mobility problems. Some of the salient activities of the DULT include:
1. Development of policies like Parking Policy and Transit Oriented Development Policy for Bengaluru, preparation of comprehensive mobility plans for various cities across Karnataka, development of signage manuals for adoption across Karnataka, development of guidelines, checklists etc.
2. Taking up demonstration projects like Bus Rapid Transit System (BRTS) in the twin-cities of Hubballi-Dharwad, Public Bicycle Sharing (PBS) systems in Mysuru and Bengaluru, Bus Priority Lanes in Bengaluru, Kalaburagi etc.
3. Preparation of Bills like the Active Mobility Bill for Karnataka to protect the rights of pedestrians and cyclists and Bengaluru Metropolitan Land Transport Authority (BMLTA) Bill to establish a unified metropolitan transport authority in Bengaluru.
4. Public engagement through initiatives like Sustainable Urban Mobility Accords (SuMA), Cycle Day etc.
5. Fostering Research and Innovation in association with academic institutions and other agencies for piloting innovative solutions through testbeds, hackathons etc.
6. Financing augmentation of public transport infrastructure and services, and non-motorized transport through State Urban Transport Fund.
The Urban Infra Business Leadership Awards are given to corporate and individual leaders in recognition and honor for their extraordinary contribution to developing major infrastructure projects in India through their innovative ideas, products, and services. A total of 41 (9 individuals and 32 corporate) were felicitated with the 2nd Urban Infra Business Leadership awards.
The 1st edition of Urban Infra Business Leadership Awards was held virtually in 2020 due to the countrywide pandemic.
The Urban Infra Group is comprised of three leading media firms - Urban Infra Communication, Urban Transport News, and Metro Rail Today - working for trustworthy journalism for urban infra sectors in India.
The 3rd edition of Urban Infra Business Summit & Awards 2023 is scheduled on 10th October 2023 at India International Centre, New Delhi, India.
Nominations open for the 3rd Urban Infra Business Leadership Awards 2023.
to nominate an individual or company for the next edition of awards now!