The Government of India since 2014, has already invested USD 160 Billion in creating and upgrading urban infrastructure and ensuring ease of living for the citizens. India's investment in the urban infra sector has jumped by over 600% during 2014-2021 as compared to 2004-2014. Urban Development is the key to India's growth because the country needs productive, liveable cities that ensure ease of doing business.
The Government has created a National Infrastructure Pipeline (NIP) for infrastructure projects worth USD 1.5 trillion to be completed between 2020-25. The major focus of NIP is across energy (24%), roads (18%), urban (17%) and railways (12%). Each of these urban missions presents opportunities for global companies to invest and grow.
Urban Transport with a big focus on Metro Rail and other mass transit systems is a critical component of the comprehensive approach initiated toward urbanization. As part of the Union Budget 2021-22, the Government of India announced funding initiatives to raise the share of public transport in urban areas through an expansion of metro rail networks and the improvement of city bus services.
This includes an announcement of Rs 180 billion for a new scheme, to augment public bus transport through innovative public-private partnership (PPP) models to run more than 20,000 buses while supporting the automobile sector, economic growth and creating employment opportunities. Apart from this, the Government had also announced the funding for metro rail infrastructure.
To discuss the Investment, Financing and Business Avenues in Urban Railways, Infrastructure and Mobility Industry in India, experts from various organizations including Govt./PSUs/Mission directorates are coming together at the 2nd Urban Infra Business Summit & Awards 2022 to be held on 7th November 2022 at India International Centre, New Delhi, India.
This plenary session will have the following experts:-
- Shri Sudhendu J. Sinha, Advisor (Infrastructure & E-Mobility), NITI Aayog
- Shri Srinivas Nanduri, Director (Operations & BD), DFCCIL
- Shri Abhijeet Sinha, Programme Director, Ease of Doing Business
- Smt. Vinita Srivastava, Executive Director (Heritage), Railway Board
- Shri Ashish Saini, Dy. Finance Advisor & CAO (NR), Indian Railways
- Shri Harsh Dhingra, Management Consultant (Rail & Metro)
- Dr. Namrita Kalsi, Principal Architect, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation
1. Shri Sudhendu J. Sinha (Advisor - Infrastructure & E-Mobility, NITI Aayog): Shri Sinha works as an advisor at the NITI Aayog (National Institution for Transformation of India), the apex 'Think Tank' of the Govt. of India. He has experience of over 27 years in operations, infrastructure planning, coordination and management at field and policy making levels in Indian Railways with considerable success and appreciation. His performance has been recognised and awarded twice at the National level (National Award for e-Governance- 2019-20, for ‘Excellence in providing Citizen - Centric Delivery’ by Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances, Govt. of India, ‘National Award for Outstanding Service’ Ministry of Railways Govt. of India -2006) and thrice at the Ministry (of Railways) level. He also served as Dean of the Indian Railway Institute of Transport Management (IRITM), Lucknow, and General Manager Web Applications at the Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS).
2. Shri Srinivas Nanduri (Director - Operations & BD, DFCCIL):
An officer of 1989 batch of Indian Railway Traffic Service (IRTS), Nanduri has joined DFCCIL as Director (Operations & Business Development) in June 2020. After completing his Master Degree in Agriculture Economics from Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi, initially he joined Reserve Bank of India as a Group B officer. In the year 1991, he joined the Indian Railways. He has worked in important key posts of Indian Railways viz., Chief Passenger Transportation Manager and Chief Traffic Planning Manager, S.W.Rly., Hubli. Apart from these posts held, he has also worked as Executive Director/Fuel Transportation, NTPC, Executive Director/Coal Movement, Singareni Collieries Co.Limited and General Manager, IRCTC, Hyderabad.
3. Shri Abhijeet Sinha (National Program Director - Ease of Doing Business & Project Director - NHEV): Abhijeet is a Technocrat, Policy Entrepreneur currently contributing with tech pilots in the Prime Ministerial initiative on Ease of Doing Business as National Program Director of EoDB Services. Previously associated with Vibrant Gujarat, Pilots of NPR-UIDAI, IMNCI (Asha-Anganwadi) before joining then CM Modi’s Citizen for Accountable Governance (CAG) team in 2014 parliamentary polls. His expertise as a nex-corporate banker was recognized with success in large infra financing on PPP with Hybrid and Annuity Financing models like AHEM,DHAM; used in various EoDB emerging tech pilots NHEV, DIISHA. He is also President of CPOs India and holding additional charge of the National Highway for EV (Jaipur– Delhi– Agra) Pilot Project Director, where he has completed India’s longest 210km E-Highway TECH-Trial Run between Delhi– Agra in 2020. Early this year in 2022, he commissioned two of India’s Largest EV charging stations with 100+112 chargers with a capacity to charge 1500 cars in 24 hours and recorded a maximum 72% utilization with a minimal break even tenure of 36 months.
4. Smt. Vinita Srivastava (ED-Heritage, Railway Board): Vinita is an IRSME (Indian Railways Services Mechanical Engineering) Officer and has served various leadership roles for over 20 years in various government ministries of Railways, Steel, Culture and Heavy Industries. She is currently heading the Heritage Division of the Ministry of Railways in Railway Board as Executive Director (Heritage) from April 2019.
5. Shri Ashish Saini (Dy. FA & CAO): Ashish is an IRAS (Indian Railways Account Services) Officer and high performing civil servant with a passion for public policy making and implementation. He is currently working as Dy. Financial Advisor & Chief Accounts Officer in Northern Railway (Indian Railways). More than 10 years of experience impacting positive organisational and societal outcomes through data-based decision making, use of technology and change leadership.
6. Shri Harsh Dhingra (Management Consultant): Shri Dhingra has expertise in Business Development, Corporate Business and Marketing Strategy in the field of Rail and Metro segment. Expertise in Market development, Product development, Strategic Management, PPP projects etc. Professional Electrical Engineer with Marketing and Project Management background. Earlier, he was working with Bombardier Transportation as Chief Country Representative for India.
7. Dr. Namrita Kalsi (Principal Architect, DMRC): Dr. Namrita is presently working as Principal Architect (AGM-Architect) at Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC). Previously she was posted as Senior Architect at Delhi State Industrial & Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd. and worked extensively on Industrial projects like Industrial Complex at Rani khera and Khanjawala, redevelopment projects like DTC Bus Depot IP Estate, Interiors for various DSIIDC offices, etc. In professional and official capacity she had the opportunity to contribute to amendments in Unified Building Bye Laws and Master Plan of Delhi 2012. At Greater Mohali Area Development Authority & Punjab Urban Planning & Development Authority worked extensively on Urban laws, architectural controls, master planning and project structuring in Public Private Participation (PPP) .Her involvement with the Mega Projects under the Industrial Policy 2005 gave her the experience to view dynamics of Economic Development in the perspective of Real Estate. She is a Bachelor in Architecture (B. Arch.) from Chandigarh College of Architecture, Member of Board of studies Punjab University, Chandigarh and possesses doctorate degree (Ph. D.) in Regional Master Planning and its Development. from Thapar University.
This session will be moderated by Dr. Namrita Kalsi, Principal Architect, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd.
To join this flagship program, please register and book your seat today!!